Monday, July 1, 2013

Remembering Fr. John Frawley

To one of the holiest priests I ever met, Fr. John Frawley. You will be missed, but you are now ministering at the Throne of the Lord in Heaven for all eternity. Requiescat in Pace.


I first met Fr. Frawley when I was 14 years old, newly minted as a high school seminarian in Chicago. Aside from exchanging a few words with him after Mass at St. Thomas More Church in Chicago, I really did not know him. All of this changed in 2005.

After I was diagnosed with Lymphoma, I was in the hospital for fifteen days. For almost all of these days, Fr. Frawley was there to give me communion. As I was discerning my call to the priesrhood throughout graduate school, Fr. Frawley was there to give his prayers and support.

While this little blip does not do justice to this great priest, this is one way I can honor, not just his memory, but the memory of the One he served for so long: Jesus Christ.


In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem. Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cum Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.
May angels lead you into paradise; upon your arrival, may the martyrs receive you and lead you to the holy city of Jerusalem. May the ranks of angels receive you, and with Lazarus, once a poor man, may you have eternal rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment